Along with your application, you’ll need a demo file. It is not that hard to create your audition or demo file if you prepare, practice and plan. Remember for our purposes, your voice file should be mp3 or wav
Time Required: 2 – 3 Hours
- Find a recording good audio recording source. Your best bet is a computer.
- Find and install a program to record your voice. “Audacity” is a free recording application which would be easy to use or google recording applications if you don’t already have one.
- Install the software and attach a USB microphone to your computer. Prepare some sample scripts to include: a station announcement is required, but feel free to include a short :30 second commercial, and maybe a promotional announcement. (The station announcement should include your name/dj name, our station name, and a set of songs)
- You should label your file with your name and that its a voice clip audition file. For example: john-doe-audition-clip.mp3
- Decide the order you will record your scripts in.
- Practice what you want to say, sound natural and sound friendly. (Tip: smile when you speak. People can tell the difference in your voice.)
- Record your voice with the scripts you have prepared.
- When you are satisfied with your presentation, mix the file down and save it to your computer.
- Include your voice clip with the application.
Don’t worry about being fancy. We understand. we basically wants to just get an idea about you.
What You Need:
- USB microphone
- Recording software